Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ethical Hacking interest

I've started to prepare for Written Exam. I've compared the blueprint with what I've read in the past for the CCSP exams, and seems like I'll repeat 75% of the material. I'll have another post on it, and I'll share the spreadsheet with all the resources that I've used for all the topics.

But I got lazy 2 weeks ago. I'm expressing interest in ethical hacking since 2 years, and I came across this books: Penetration Testing and Network Defense, by Andrew Whitaker and Daniel P. Newman. Very nice, fast read. (There are many screenshots, don't be afraid of the size of the book when you first open it) There are some tools and technics that I haven't heard before. Recommended if you're interested in the "other" side of Security. If you're planning to become an ethical hacker, you need to look into more serious sources. For example, the material for Certified Ethical Hacker will have more then this book.

It took me 2 weeks, spending 2-3 hours per day on it.

No comments: