Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Improve knowledge in Cryptography

I would like to share resources that I used to improve my knowledge in cryptography. There are bunch of resources out there, below is the list that I used:

  1. Wikipedia - Probably all of us use it today. I've used it to get high level overview of the protocols.
  2. Video Lectures from University in Washington - http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/courses/csep590/06wi/ - Those guys are incredible. I wish all of my teachers in the past were like them. I've started to do the home works and then stopped on the 2nd lesson. Too tough for me .
  3. The CodeBook from Simon Singh, and his website http://www.simonsingh.net - You can download the Crypto CD-ROM for free from there. I consider myself pretty old for that CD, but I spent hours trying to break those codes there.
  4. Cryptography and Network Security Principles and Practices, Fourth Edition, By William Stallings - I loved it. It took me 45-50 days to get though it, but I enjoyed every second spent on it.  All those protocols that you'll find in blueprint are explained in details here.

It took me 3 months, but now I feel much more comfortable with all those protocols. It was time well spent.

No comments: